This week we had a speaker, Chantelle, join us to talk about how kids with disabilities access technology and how important it is that we help to adapt to their learning styles. I found it really interesting that Chantelle opened up about her own life as a mother, she descried what sorts of learning challenges her two sons faced and how she helped them overcome these challenges through technology. She mentioned that both of them had very messy handwriting due to being uncoordinated, therefore using a keyboard so they could type or using voice to text was something that she found helped her kids greatly. Personally, I see that their are quite a few students in my observation class that are not as quick as the other students, have trouble reading at the right level and find writing difficult and tiresome. So after hearing about Chantelle’s students I started to think about how it must be like for those students in my class that always need an extra boost of support. What kind of strategies and supports has my mentor teacher integrated into their learning to help them learn better? I know that some of them use Chromebooks to help them type,  and use voice to text to write. However, are there other better solutions for them? My inquiry for 250 is based on how one to one support between a struggling students and a teacher is very important so I think that kids who are struggling really benefit from having that one on one time with their teacher. It is very difficult for a teacher to find time to help every students that is having trouble in math, or writing etc. So  I was thinking that maybe there is some sort of online tutoring platform that can be accessed through iPads or Chromebooks and gives students step by step support on any subjects they are having issues with. With this, they can move at their own pace and the teacher could also keep track of their progress and really see where the students weaknesses lie and are able to double up on support for that area. Overall I found her presentation really informative and interesting! It was really great getting to hear what my peers thought about the topics as well.